DIY ideas for a scary or fun décor. Summer is almost coming to an end, and it seems it’s already time to get ready for fall. Despite the soft melancholy that floats in the air, the transition season also has something to charm us by offering us calmer days in a cocooning atmosphere.
There is also no shortage of special occasions during the fall. Thus, the Halloween party turns out to be a much-awaited event by many people worldwide. And since our primary mission is to keep you constantly inspired today, our editorial team gives you some ideas on making a Halloween garland to sublimate the decoration for the spooky party.
DIY Halloween Garland
Whether you are looking forward to Halloween night or are not into the spooky party celebration, there are plenty of ways to add a festive touch to your decor to suit the season’s mood. The first tutorial we offer you to succeed in this task consists of creating a pretty garland with DIY spiders to hang on the wall or above the fireplace and cool drawing idea.
- Black pom poms
- Black pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun
- Small moving eyes
- Needle and thread
1. Use two duct cleaners and wrap them collectively to create an X shape. Fold the X in half to make 4 legs of the same length.
2. Do the same with two more pipe cleaners to get 2 pairs of 4 legs.
3. Now, take a pom pom and then glue a pair of legs on each side of the pompom.
4. Glue the eyes on the pompom.
5. To give your spider’s legs a 3d effect, start bending each leg first to the side, then down. Then bend the end of the paw.
6. To hang the garland, use the thread and the needle. Sew across the spider’s body so that it hangs out easily. Continue in the same system with the base of the figurines until you get a garland.
Halloween decoration idea for a party at home
Some people love the Halloween party and get excited about hosting a fancy dress party at home. Others prefer to spend the evening of October 31 in the company of his family, all the members curled up on the sofa or even on a pile of throws and cushions on the floor in front of a thematic film. If you fall into the first category, don’t delay looking at our second easy DIY Halloween decor idea.
- 2 sets of paper straws in 2 colors
- Hot glue gun
1. Start by preparing the straws by cutting them into 5 different sizes, as shown in the photo below.
2. Make a flag shape with the cut straws starting with the longest straws in the center.
3. Then, glue the straws on the string.
4. Make a second shape using straws of a different color.
5. Glue the second flag onto the string, leaving about half an inch between the flags.
6. Continue to alternate the flags until you get a garland.
Easy Halloween DIY Ghost Patterns
Ghosts are one of the star symbols of the spooky party. So nothing could be more remarkable than making a quick and straightforward garland with mini Halloween ghost patterns to achieve a cute and semi-scary decoration. A fun activity not to hesitate to share with the little ones.
- Paper this black construction
- Perforated bullets
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut the fabric into squares about 10 inches wide.
2. For each ghost, we will need 4 doubled squares. Regulate the parks on top of various others so that they do not line up exactly.
3. To make the head of your ghost, cut some string and fold it in half. Then, pass the string through the holes of a ball and tie the ends.
4. Using the hole punch and black paper, make the eyes of the ghosts. For the mouths, cut out triangles.
5. Put a ball in the center of each square, then gently pass the string through all the layers of the fabric. Add a little hot glue all over the ball to hold the cheesecloth in place.
6. Finally, glue the eyes and mouths of your ghosts.
7. Thread the spooky figurines on a long piece of string and hang.
DIY Halloween decoration, original and delicious
“Trick or treat! It is the mantra that we keep repeating on Halloween night. So if you want to surprise your guests with original and delicious decorations, it is possible to make one or more garlands with sweets. So let’s see how to proceed to make this project a success.
- Floral thread
- Wire cutters
1. Start by determining the length of the garland. On the other hand, you can make several garlands to hang above your table for Halloween.
2. Next, cut out several pieces of floral wire.
3. Place two candies end to end and use floral wire to hold them together. Twist the wire tightly, then cut off the ends.
4. Keep adding candies until you get the desired length.
5. Cut two pieces of ribbon of the same size. Fold each ribbon in half.
6. Tie the first ribbon to the end of the garland using floral thread.
7. Do the identical on the opposite surface of the garland.